June 09, 2011

El Jannah, Granville

P5085576

When we were told that we were going to have the best charcoal chicken in the world, I must admit that I was just a little bit skeptical. So was Sean, but as we were hungry, out of ideas, and this was very near home, we decided that it was worth a shot.

And we were not dissappointed at all!

P5085580

The meat plate that we ordered was really nicely spiced and well cooked, but what really impressed me was the pickles!!

P5085581

MM the pickles. It's saltier and more sour than I'm used to, but it is gorgeously so. I kind of feel like one of those kids who taste lemon for the first time, but you keep wanting to eat them!! It really cut through all the meatiness and added an awesome crunch to every mouthful.

And who can forget the chicken at a charcoal chicken restaurant!

P5085586

It may not look like much, but I love the blend of spices and the juicy smokiness. I'm a thigh meat kind of girl, and this did not disappoint! Sean and I were fighting over the crispy skin. YUM.

Every eat-in meal comes with Lebanese bread, individually packed.

P5085587

AND this HEAVENLY garlic sauce. If nothing else, I'd buy heaps of this garlic sauce. I heard that it freezes well too! Great for a party, this creamy mayo-based garlicky goodness is absolutely addictive! I would bet that the mayo is homemade - there just that extra something about that amazing mouth feel.

P5085583

There are takeaway options also available, but you have to order the pickles, sauce and bread extra. Whatever you might decide, I would certainly recommend giving this smoky joint a shot - your tummy will thank you. =)

We ate at:
El Jannah
4 - 8 South Street
Granville NSW 2142
(02) 9637 0977

El Jannah on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At June 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Mel said...

Ooo, El Jannah's, you've made living in the West all the more bearable. I love you so...your purple pickles and vampire killing garlic dip. LOVE!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger muppy said...

Wow this looks really good, making me hungry and its not even 9am :)

 
At June 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that chicken justifies a trip to Granville.

 
At June 9, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous wendy @ Obesebaby said...

Hey dear! I thought Frango chicken was the best charcoal chicken maybe I need to try this one and compare :) BTW the ouffer.com.au deal of Frango chicken is still on

 
At June 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Tina@foodboozeshoes said...

Love the vibrant pickles. Okies - working out a day trip to Granville now... :)

 
At June 10, 2011 at 1:51 AM , Anonymous chocolatesuze said...

hehe el jannah is just too freaking addictive and i always have to order extra garlic sauce to take home!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home