October 11, 2011

Leftover Pizza!

P9256888

Not that the pizza was leftover...rather it was pizza made out of left overs.

One weekend I really felt like olives and roasted red peppers. I thought, "Hmm, why not make a sandwich with all those toppings? Ooh I could make them like little pizzas. But wouldn't they be too small. I could make pizza dough and make real pizzas instead!"

So I made pizza dough. My train of thought always gets me in trouble.

It was quite a bit of effort, but on behalf of everyone who ate it - Sean and myself - it was really worth it effort. And there's something about kneading dough that makes me happy.

I simply used this pizza dough recipe from Taste, and covered the pizza with tomato paste and with whatever leftovers I had in the fridge! I had:

  • Roasted red peppers - I bought red capsicum in bulk and chucked them all in a 200C fan-forced oven till they were all blackened. I then covered the tray with foil and let it cool. After it cooled, I just peeled off the skin and took out the stem with seeds. Then, I just put them into a sterilised jar and keep them in the fridge!
  • Thinly sliced onions
  • Finely chopped garlic
  • Chopped Bacon
  • Haloumi
  • Misc Cheese - I had some tasty cheese, a little block of parmesan and a teeny tiny bit of mozerella left over.
  • Olives

The recipe for the pizza dough yielded two medium cookie trays worth of pizzas, which means as much experimenting as you want!!

Just remember to oil the bottom of the trays before you stretch the dough onto them.

Yum.

P9256891

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 11, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger sugarpuffi said...

pretty awesome looking pizza! you would never have guessed it was made from left overs

 
At October 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger muppy said...

Yum! Now I feel like pizza :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home