March 23, 2012

Unleashing the Quiche!

P3188052

Quiche was first introduced to me in more or less the following words:

Leftover pie

And I can understand where it's coming from - it's a very economical way to use up leftover ingredients...provided you have spare pastry and spare dairy (read: cream) lying around. After making my favourite pastry recipe at the moment, I've been on a quiche bend, meaning that Sean and I have plenty of quick breakfasts that we can grab on the way to work! Happiness all around.

I guess the idea is that you can fill a quiche with pretty much anything you like - I always feel like if you like the combination, who's to judge? (I do have a rant about that, but more about it later) There are also many different quiche mixes on the net, but I'll just share what I use and just feel free to mix and match!

Quiche Mix
4 eggs
400g pure cream
50g milk
pinch of salt

Preheat 165C.

Line 12 muffin tins with pastry.

For this lot, I filled the quiche with leftover spinach, cream cheese, bacon, and then thoroughly mixed up the eggs, cream and salt and pour it over the filling till 1/2 mm from the top of the pastry.

Bake till the tops are brown.

Let cool on a cooling rack, and then upend the tray onto a cookie sheet.

P3188043

I find that if you tip it out while it's too warm, there is some warping in the shape of the mini-quiches. But it's still cute! And your tummy won't know what shape it's in. ;)

Meanwhile, I've got some leftover pastry that I'm not sure what to do with. Any ideas?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Miss T said...

Its Saturday night, Im drinking wine and watching Harry Potter. Do I want popcorn? NO - I WANT QUICHE!
T xx

 
At March 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM , Anonymous Chopinand @ ChopinandMysaucepan said...

Dear Tambourine,

I love savoury treats and these look awesome. I would be tempted to drizzle a few drops of truffle oil before tucking them into the oven :)

 
At April 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM , Blogger muppy said...

i looove quiche, you have made them look so quaint!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home