June 24, 2013

What I ate: Shredded lamb pasta

IMG_0107

So I had a satisfying roasted lamb over the weekend, but seeing as how I roasted a whole 2+kg lamb shoulder, I was bound to have leftovers. Well, waste not want not, and I think this is a fantastic way to use up those bits of lamb left in your fridge.




For space, I shredded the lamb after the roast had cooled and store it away in an airtight container in the fridge. So for a quick lunch (or weeknight dinner) I just took that pasta and added it to:

  • Cooked pasta (just boil it to just under al dente)
  • Sliced black olives
  • Semi dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
  • Feta
  • Lemon juice


It was just a matter of warming the lamb in a pat of butter, adding the hot, freshly cooked pasta over the top, then throwing in the tomatoes and olives to warm through, and then top with feta. A squeeze of lemon juice over the top, and off you go.

Feel free to add any other bits and pieces you have in your fridge - I just needed some acidity to cut through the lamb, so I think that other types of antipasto will do: roasted capsicum, charred eggplant, marinated feta...the list goes on.

IMG_0105

What are your favourite ways to use up meat leftover from a roast?

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At June 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Milktea Eats said...

i like to make a big roast to ensure i have leftovers! haha!

 
At June 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Vivian - vxdollface said...

I love putting leftover meats in toastie sandwiches ^^

 
At June 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM , Blogger muppy said...

love these sorts of dishes, have you tried the lamb dish at Circa?

 
At June 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't, actually. Tell me about it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home