December 18, 2013

What I ate: Peach and Crispy Prosciutto Salad

IMG_1364

I think the moral of the story is that I should never be in charge of buying prosciutto. I had originally bought prosciutto to make these Peach and Prosciutto canapés, but somehow bought wayyyyy too much. So I also made these Dried Fig and Prosciutto parcels, but there are only so many canapés I can make.

Which is why I've got this salad, which is not only delicious, but also cleared my fridge out for me.

I used:
  • Grilled Peaches (from the peach and crispy prosciutto canapés)
  • Rocket
  • Feta
  • Mangoes, diced
  • Crispy Prosciutto (from the peach and crispy prosciutto canapés)
  • Balsamic Glaze
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper
From here it's really just an assembly job. I found that the juiciness from the mango and grilled peaches meant that I didn't really need much dressing at all. The feta provides a nice saltiness, which only leaves the balsamic glaze to add a hint of acid to balance out the flavours. 

Super easy and easy to throw together, this salad is great for a quick lunch, or make it in bulk to serve a party as a celebration of summer! 

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At December 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM , Blogger gaby @ lateraleating said...

Sounds great! And let me tell ya, there's not such thing as too much prosciutto :)

 
At December 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Yum yum this looks and sounds so delicious and refreshing!

 
At December 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a summer salad! def gonna add this to the xmas feasting menu!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home